Welcome to 2017! A new year means a perfect opportunity to focus on a healthier lifestyle and on self care. While it is easy to take your feet for granted, foot health is an important indication of your overall health and plays a big role in achieving your goals, whether it’s regular exercise or a healthier weight. Incorporating foot care into your new year’s resolutions this year will help you start the year on a positive and healthy step!
- Address your foot pain – Don’t wait for foot or ankle pain to be unbearable before seeing a podiatrist. Early intervention and treatment can prevent a long recovery period.
- Wear the right shoes – Often foot pain stems from shoes that do not fit properly. Always reassess your foot size when buying new shoes and make sure they provide ample support for whatever activity you need them for.
- Maintain good hygiene – Washing your feet and trimming toenails regularly will prevent bad odors and prevent infections, especially during the winter season when feet are often hidden in socks.
- Inspect your feet – Monitoring your feet regularly for changes in color and texture are important especially for those with diabetes.
- Wear custom orthotics – Custom orthotics can help prevent and improve a variety of podiatric conditions, including arch problems, heel pain, bunions, hammertoes, and diabetic foot issues.
Be proactive in your foot care by scheduling regular appointments with a foot care specialist, especially if you have diabetes. Your Next Step has a team of experienced podiatrists who can treat all types of foot and ankle conditions. Whether you want to create a custom orthotic, treat a toe deformity, manage heel pain or treat an injury or nail fungus, our podiatrists Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen has the dedication and expertise to help! We even have an in-office shoe store filled with podiatrist-approved footwear for your convenience. Contact any of our locations in Ardmore, Paoli, or Downingtown, PA to schedule an appointment today!