As the confetti settles and resolutions are tested, don’t forget the hardworking heroes that carry you through each year – your feet! Your Next Step always strives to provide accurate diagnosis and effective treatment, but equally important is our commitment to comprehensive patient education.
With that mission at the top of our minds, we’ve decided to dedicate this blog post to some preventative tips and wellness tricks that can keep your feet clean, healthy, and pain-free. Take your first step towards a better year with these podiatry-inspired resolutions and strut into 2024 with confidence and comfort.
Ditch the Heels (At Least For a While!)
- High heels might make your outfit pop, but they wreak havoc on your podiatric health. This year, try to prioritize footwear that supports your feet rather than constricting them.
- Select sneakers with good arch support for daily activities, comfortable flats for work, and breathable sandals for leisure.
- Self-care includes skin care, and skin care includes foot care, especially when it comes to cracked heels or other complications.
- Soak your feet in warm water, gently exfoliate away dead skin, and lavish them with moisturizer!
- Exercise isn’t just for your biceps – your feet need to sweat it out, too.
- Regular low-impact activities like walking, swimming, or yoga keep your feet flexible and strong.
- Gradually ratcheting up the intensity will help you prevent overuse injuries when you’re pushing your limits in your favorite sport or athletic activity.
Sock it to Fungus
- Damp, neglected feet are a fungus’s dream home.
- This year, keep your feet clean and dry, especially between the toes.
- Wear moisture-wicking socks, change them regularly, and air out your shoes.
- If you’re already struggling with fungus, why not usher in the new year with a new and high-tech treatment method that can banish fungus for good?
At Your Next Step, we strive to provide the finest in care and conveniently offer early morning and evening appointments at our modern facilities located in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown. Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich, Dr. Aliza V. Eisen, and Dr. Cassandra Stache are ready to help you step forward on sturdier, pain-free feet. Schedule your appointment by contacting us today!