Falling can be scary and painful. As we lose muscle strength, experience health issues, or begin to get older, we will be in danger of experiencing this issue. While this can create more severe problems over time, there are ways to increase the chances of avoiding these issues altogether.
- Avoid slippery areas-water and ice are both famous for causing falling. As such, if you are in an area where it is abundant, you should avoid it. If possible, go around it and be sure to have support so you don’t have sliding feet.
- Eyesight and hearing-if you have the slightest issue with either of these areas, you will need to get checked right away. If you wear glasses, ensure you have given yourself the proper time to adjust. Please do the same with the hearing aid and ensure you use them.
- Take your time standing- when you rush to stand, your blood pressure drops, causing wobbly feet and legs. You will also experience dizziness. By standing slowly, you should avoid these issues.
- Get a whole night of rest-when you miss sleep, you become dizzy, disoriented, and as a result, you are more likely to fall. Ensuring you get a whole night’s sleep is vital to ensuring you are protecting yourself from having instability.
- Knowing what you take-when you take medicine, there are side effects. Those side effects such as dizziness or sleepiness can increase injuries because you are unsteady on your feet.
Our dedicated and loyal team at Your Next Step Podiatry can heal whatever problems occur in your heels, ankles, and feet. We have a professional and caring group of doctors that prioritize you and your health. Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich, Dr. Aliza V. Eisen are incredible teams offering the latest in skin lesion treatment, nail laser centers, and help with Achilles’ tendonitis and plantar fasciitis. Our offices are in the glorious areas of Montgomery County, Greater Philadelphia, Downingtown, and the Greater Philadelphia area, and Paoli. Offering you amazing treatment, we can heal any issue that comes your way. Call our office in Downingtown at (610) 873-0322 or our Ardmore office at (610) 642-8837 to schedule an appointment today.