Summer is the time to travel, and whether you’re going to a local beach or a unique location abroad, you need to be sure to take care of your feet! The feet are often forgotten about, but the last thing you want to experience is foot or ankle pain on your trip!
- Wearing exposing footwear can dry out your skin, so don’t forget to moisturize your feet!
- Remember to apply sunscreen even to your feet and toes to prevent sunburn.
- Keep blood flowing by doing simple foot and ankle exercises, especially when stuck in a car or airplane for long hours.
- Wear comfortable footwear to minimize foot and ankle pain.
- Do not wear new shoes, as they can often lead to painful blisters.
- Avoid sodium to minimize water retention, especially during air travel when swelling is common.
- Pack nail clippers to keep toenails trimmed to avoid ingrown toenails.
- Limit walking barefoot, especially around public water areas that are susceptible to spreading fungal infections.
- Stay hydrated during travel to minimize swelling and poor circulation.
Traveling can be relaxing and fun, but it can also be stressful on your feet. If you experience pain or discomfort, always be sure to see a podiatrist to rule out any serious issues. At Your Next Step, you will have a team of compassionate podiatrists, Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen, who can help you diagnose and treat your podiatric conditions accurately and effectively using innovative technologies and their expertise. We treat sport injuries, hammertoes, bunions, diabetic issues, fungal infections, just to name a few. Please contact our offices in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown and schedule an appointment by visiting our website!