At Your Next Step Foot and Ankle Care Center, we know it’s the same old story: You’re on the go all day, working hard, when suddenly pain strikes your feet and ankles. The worst part? You can’t always sit down and rest, but repeated strain can increase your pain if you keep moving.
Without proper care, you might find yourself with a more challenging podiatric complication that could keep you off your feet for a long time. Fortunately, while the problem of foot and ankle pain is old, there are some great new solutions available.
Below, we’ll lay out the benefits of two innovative treatments: the Tenex Health TX system and Amniotic Fluid injections.
What’s an Amniotic Fluid Injection?
Our expert podiatrists are always looking for modern solutions. We’ve found that Amniotic Fluid injections are a great method to employ for pain management and treating inflammation, particularly when it comes to arthritis, bursitis, or tendonitis.
They work simply:
- First, a composite amniotic tissue membrane is injected near the afflicted region of the foot or ankle.
- Stem cells reproduce themselves near the site of injection, and the new ones are immediately put to work repairing damaged tissue.
- In addition to improving cell production, this method has other benefits: it can mend tendons and ligaments, help you avoid surgery or steroids, and relieve pain faster than other methods.
What About Tenex?
The Tenex Health TX system, developed in partnership with the renowned Mayo Clinic, can alleviate inflammatory or degenerative issues like Plantar fasciitis or tendinosis. When physical therapy, cortisone injections, or medication fail, Tenex can work wonders!
- Ultrasound imaging identifies damaged tissue, and local anesthetic is applied.
- The TX MicroTip allows energy to enter through a minuscule incision.
- Gentle ultrasonic energy breaks up and removes damaged tissue.
- The procedure only lasts 20 minutes, and pain relief is fast.
- No stitches or sutures.
Are you struggling with foot pain yet tired of the same old treatments? If stubborn discomfort has got you down, Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich, Dr. Aliza V. Eisen, and Dr. Cassandra Stache are here to help. Schedule an appointment by contacting Your Next Step Foot and Ankle Care Center in Greater Philadelphia, and we’ll determine if Tennex or AF injections are right for you!