Eating a diet rich in vital nutrients will keep you feeling better physically, mentally, and emotionally, which is especially essential during these high-stress times we are living in.
Here are some of the many highly nutritious foods that will also help to boost your immune system:
- Fish—Salmon and rainbow trout are among the most nutritious fish choices because they contain high amounts of fatty acids that help decrease cholesterol. Fish is also a good source of calcium. Codfish, in particular, is also rich in amino acids and is an abundant natural source of vitamin D.
- Green peas—These unassuming little morsels are full of fiber and are packed with magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, copper.
- Basil—This sweet and spicy condiment has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is thought to offer protection for your heart.
- Raw spinach— is rich in calcium, vitamin A, iron, and phosphorus. Cooked spinach is also very healthy, but some nutrients are lost to the heat.
- Beet greens—While beets themselves are highly nutritious, the beet greens are often overlooked. These leaves are rich in iron, calcium, vitamin K and the B vitamins.
- Pork fat—This is actually healthier than lamb or beef fat and contains vital minerals and B vitamins.
And for all your foot and ankle issues, be sure to contact your podiatrist. At Your Next Step, our team of board-certified podiatrists has access to advanced technologies, along with years of experience, to help diagnose and treat a variety of foot and ankle problems, including sports injuries, joint pain, toe deformities, nail fungus, chronic tendon pain, and skin problems. Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen provide high-quality foot and ankle care to patients in the greater Philadelphia area at our offices conveniently located in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown, PA. Please contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.