Orthotic shoe inserts can be created by your foot doctor to fit your exact foot shape. They can add support where needed and redirect pressure away from problem areas. Not only do custom orthotic shoe inserts treat foot and ankle problems, but also they can treat the gait abnormalities that so often contribute to pain and discomfort in your knees, hips, and back.
Some of the many conditions treated with custom orthotic shoe inserts include the following:
- Arch problems—and the resultant gait abnormalities that can radiate pain and discomfort to your knees, hips, and back are treatable with orthotics.
- Foot ulcers—Wounds can be isolated with orthotics so they can heal faster.
- Heel pain— Plantar fasciitis and heel spurs are often alleviated with orthotics.
- Toe deformities— Like bunions and hammertoes can be straightened with the help of custom orthotic inserts.
- Ankle pain—Ankle sprains and strains can also benefit from orthotics.
- Nerve conditions—Conditions like neuromas and neuropathy can benefit from the ability of orthotics to shift weight and pressure away from the affected nerves.
- Fractures—Stress fractures can benefit from the use of orthotic inserts to relieve pressure and allow healing to occur.
For arch support issues and many other problems you may be experiencing with your feet, ankles, knees, and back, it is important to see your foot doctor to receive the most comprehensive treatment. At Your Next Step, our team of board-certified podiatrists has access to advanced technologies, along with years of experience, to help diagnose and treat a variety of foot and ankle problems, including sports injuries, joint pain, toe deformities, nail fungus, chronic tendon pain, and skin problems. Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen provide high-quality foot and ankle care to patients in the greater Philadelphia area at our offices conveniently located in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown. Please contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.