Between the holidays and cold temperatures, for many, the winter season may also coincide with dwindling motivation to stay active. It’s tempting to go into hibernation mode, but staying active through the fall and winter can help keep your body physically, emotionally, and mentally healthy! If you’re not the gym-going type, check out these easy ways to get in exercise through your day!
- Participate in an indoor sport – There are many teams and programs that provide opportunities to play soccer, basketball, and other sports at a variety of levels. It is also a great way to meet new people and stay social!
- Try a winter sport – Ice-skating, skiing, and snowboarding are all popular ways to stay active in the winter. Just remember to have all necessary equipment and practice safety!
- Play outside – Making snow angels, sledding, having a snowball fight are great, fun ways to get your heart and body pumping!
- Get moving inside – Don’t feel like leaving the house? Follow an exercise DVD, do some yoga, or turn up the music and have your own dance party!
- Volunteer – Volunteering at events, hospitals, shelters, and in your neighborhood can be a great way to help others while staying active.
Whether you choose to take wintery strolls or try something new, be sure to have the proper footwear and gear to prevent injuries. Dressing warm in wool socks, layering, and staying hydrated are all important as well. If you injure yourself during an activity, be sure to consult with an experienced podiatrist for immediate treatment.
At Your Next Step, our team of podiatrists Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen are committed to providing high quality foot care for each of our patients. We use state of the art technologies like Tenex Health TX to help treat common conditions like plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis, and provide relief for patients with sports injuries, arthritis, fungal infections, foot deformities, and diabetic foot problems. Address your foot and ankle conditions today by making an appointment at our conveniently located offices in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown, PA!