Black Friday is coming up, which is the start of holiday shopping season. The holidays are filled with joy, surprises, and a giving spirit among family, friends, and strangers, but it can also mean lots of tired feet from long stressful shopping trips and other events. Even if you get through the day of shopping, the next morning you may wake up with achy, tired, swollen feet and legs. Find out ways to soothe those tired feet so you can keep up with the eventful holidays!
- Give your feet a break – As soon as you get home, kick off your shoes and wear a pair of comfortable slippers.
- Elevate your feet – If you’ve been on your feet all day, you may have swelling so elevate your legs to take some pressure off.
- Foot stretches – Many of the muscles in your feet may feel cramped from being in the same position all day. Stretch or roll your arch, pull your toes back and then outwards one by one, and stretch the back of your heel.
- Foot soaks – Soaking your feet in warm or cool water can help your muscles and joints relax and rejuvenate them. Add some epsom salt for an extra soothing foot bath.
- Foot massage – A massage after a tiring day is the perfect way to recover. Use essential oils to give yourself a foot massage, or go get one so the rest of your body can relax too!
Rest, stretches and relaxation are often enough to recover from a long day on your feet, but if you experience any pain or discomfort that does not go away, consult with a podiatrist. Your Next Step serves the Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown, PA areas and provides quality foot and ankle care for a variety of conditions, including heel pain, toe deformities, nail fungus, sports injuries, arthritis, and diabetic foot problems. Our skilled board-certified podiatrists Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen create individualized plans to help you get back on your feet! Contact us for an appointment today!