The Fall is a time filled with delicious seasonal foods to enjoy with family and friends. The holidays will be here soon and there will be plenty of opportunities to cook and share meals. For those who have diabetes, it can be challenging to manage your meals, but luckily Fall has many delicious options to choose from! From comfort foods to delicious desserts, here are some top Fall foods that can help keep you healthy and happy!
- Pumpkin-Apple Quick Oatmeal – Breakfast can be sweet but healthy! Try this delicious combination of pumpkin and apple to satisfy that morning sweet tooth.
- Butternut Squash Stew with Chickpeas – Perfect for a cool Fall day, this butternut squash stew is packed with flavor and nutrition!
- Southern Broccoli Salad – Broccoli is a versatile and nutritious non-starchy vegetable that is high in folate, potassium, iron, and vitamin C!
- Cauliflower with Pancetta and Onion – Cauliflower is low carb but high in vitamin C, fiber, and vitamin B6!
- Sweet Potato Wedges – A perfect sweet alternative to regular fries with no saturated fat.
- Chai Carrot Cake with Walnuts – No need to avoid desserts! Enjoy this delectable cake perfect for the fall!
With so many nutritious Fall foods available, there are countless options for healthy cooking. Diet is just one important aspect of living with diabetes, so make sure you are taking all necessary steps to managing your blood glucose levels and preventing other common conditions like neuropathy and ulcers. Foot and ankle problems are extremely common in diabetics, so it is important to regularly see a podiatrist to address and prevent issues.
At Your Next Step, our team of skilled podiatrists and friendly staff are committed to improving your foot health. Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen help treat a variety of problems including diabetic foot problems, sports injuries, toe deformities, and chronic tendon pain with innovative treatments and individualized care. We even have an in-office shoe store with supportive and comfortable shoes for any need! For questions or appointments, please contact us at our locations in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown today!