We’ve all seen orthotics that are sold in pharmacies and other stores, but did you know that you can have orthotics custom made for your unique foot? Your Next Step provides patients with custom orthotics to prevent and treat a variety of foot and ankle issues. Here are some reasons why these orthotics are a different category from the generic ones, which may only provide temporary relief.
- Since they are tailored to your specific foot, they are comfortable and effective. Digital gait analysis performed right in the office scans your entire foot to analyze your specific shape to create the perfect mold.
- Orthotics treat a wide range of podiatric conditions, including flat feet, high arches, bunions, arthritis, balance problems, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendinitis, ankle instability and diabetic foot problems. Sometimes wearing proper footwear and custom orthotics is enough to alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Custom orthotics can serve as a preventative tool, especially for athletes who are prone to foot and ankle injuries by encouraging proper foot function and extra support.
- Having orthotics molded to their specific foot needs can help diabetics who are prone to foot ulcers, corns, and calluses.
- Custom orthotics are made of quality durable material that last longer than over the counter ones.
Whether you are a runner wanting to prevent injuries, or are suffering from pain or discomfort, custom orthotics can improve foot function and help minimize pain. The team of podiatrists Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen at Your Next Step are experts in all types of foot and ankle conditions and are dedicated to improving your overall foot health. Aided with innovative technology, they can help you with your individual foot needs. Please contact us to schedule an appointment at one of our conveniently located offices in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown, PA.