One of the most important developments in the foot and ankle care over the years has been the creation of custom orthotic shoe inserts. While the overall need for regular foot inspections, well-fitting shoes, and strength and flexibility improvement is essential, you can also boost the health of your feet with these amazing devices. They can correct a panoply of problems ranging from the foot and ankle area all the way to the knees, back and hips.
Custom orthotic inserts can do the following fabulous things:
- Relieving pain and discomfort—The extra cushioning provided by these inserts can help relieve the pain of conditions including Achilles tendonitis, corns, calluses, and high arch problems.
- Stabilization—Computer designed inserts that help with balance and ankle movements can be very effective in preventing falls in the elderly and in those patients who have diabetes.
- Avoiding more invasive procedures—The correct use of orthotics by a skilled podiatrist can eliminate the need for more invasive procedures including surgery and the need to wear a rigid boot for months.
- Correct abnormal foot structure—Foot problems including bunions, hammertoes, tendonitis and flat feet, can all be successfully treated with custom orthotic inserts.
- Mitigate diabetic foot problems—Custom orthotic inserts in combination with proper shoes can treat and prevent diabetic foot ulcers.
To achieve the maximum value out of your orthotic inserts, seek the advice of an experienced foot care professional. At Your Next Step, our team of board-certified podiatrists, Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich, and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen, work together to diagnose and treat a variety of foot and ankle problems. Common conditions include sports injuries, joint pain, toe deformities, nail fungus, chronic tendon pain, and skin problems. We provide high-quality podiatric care to the greater Philadelphia area at our convenient locations in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown, PA. Please contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.