It’s official. This year’s Super Bowl will be the New England Patriots vs. the Atlanta Falcons in Houston, Texas. The Super Bowl is the second biggest sporting event of the year, so there’s no surprise that millions of people will be tuning in to watch the game. With watch parties comes the abundance of food and snacks, which can easily be equivalent to an entire day’s worth of calories. In fact, Super Bowl Sunday is second to Thanksgiving for being the biggest food consumption day. Did you know over 11 million tons of chips are consumed? While it is tempting to dig in and forget about the health consequences, there are many healthier alternatives for enjoying the food and game!
- Baked chicken wings – baking vs frying can make a difference
- Spinach-Artichoke dip – packed with iron-rich spinach
- Cheesy sweet potato – quick and fiber-rich
- Apple and brie quesadillas – a healthy and delicious combination
- BBQ cauliflower bites – a healthier version of traditional wings
- Mini turkey burgers – packed with protein and just the right size
- Zucchini brownies – you’ll never taste the difference
As you enjoy the snacks and games, don’t forget to get your blood flowing by getting up and moving around in between! What you eat can also affect your foot health, especially if you have a condition like diabetes, so sticking to healthier alternatives can help prevent foot and ankle issues too. If you experience discomfort or pain, always consult with a board-certified podiatrist for fast and effective treatment!
At Your Next Step, our team of skilled podiatrists Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen are committed and ready to provide you with high quality podiatric care. From chronic tendon pain, sports injuries, nail fungus, and diabetic foot problems, to pediatric foot issues, arthritis, and toe deformities, Your Next Step has the advanced technologies and expert staff to help! Please contact our convenient locations in Ardmore, Paoli, and Downingtown, PA to request an appointment today!