As graduation season comes to a close, many people are getting ready for their summer getaways and adventures! People tend to pay more attention to their feet during the colder winter months when the skin gets dry and rough, but the summer time also requires foot care, especially to protect them from injuries and the heat!
Follow these tips for healthy, happy feet!
- As tempting as it is in certain areas like the beach or other swimming areas, avoid walking barefoot.
- Protect your skin with sunscreen. A broad-spectrum water proof sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 is recommended.
- Wear appropriate footwear like water shoes and athletic shoes during athletic activities. Avoid always wearing unsupportive shoes like flip flops.
- Protect your feet from infections by wearing footwear at public swimming areas, locker rooms, and shower rooms.
- Always treat and cover skin conditions like blisters, corns, and calluses to avoid infection.
- Keep toenails trimmed and straight.
- Stay hydrated especially on hot days!
- See a foot care specialist if you notice any pain or discomfort.
The summer season is filled with adventures and new experiences, but sometimes injuries come along with them. At Your Next Step, our experienced podiatrists Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen are prepared and committed to your foot health and treat all types of conditions such as heel pain, ankle injuries, bunions, ingrown toenails, and fungal infections. Our offices in Ardmore, Paoli and Downingtown are equipped with modern technologies to accurately diagnose and treat your problems. Please contact us or see our website to schedule an appointment today!