The Tenex Health TX™ procedure requires only a tiny incision so there are no stitches or lengthy recovery periods. Many patients are completely back to normal activities within 6 weeks. The treatment requires only a local anesthetic and promotes a natural healing response.
Interested? Read on to learn how a typical Tenex Health TX™ procedure works:
- At Your Next Step, the first thing our doctors do is thoroughly clean the painful area. We then use ultrasound technology to explore the injured site and find the exact location of the damaged tissue.
- Your doctor will numb the area with a local anesthetic. You’ll feel only a little sting. The doctor will make a tiny incision – which you won’t feel – of less than 1/4″. The TX MicroTip is then inserted into the incision to apply the ultrasonic energy. You may feel a little pressure but nothing more.
- The TX MicroTip gently breaks down and removes damaged tissue. It should take about 20 minutes – that’s all! After the procedure is completed, your doctor will apply a small bandage. There are no stitches or staples required because the insertion site is so small. You should be able to drive yourself home with your doctor’s permission.
- Post-procedure: if your doctor directs, you can take over-the-counter medication for any residual pain. You’ll need to wear a walking boot for at least 2 weeks, and avoid weight-bearing activities or exercising for 2 weeks or more. 6 weeks after the procedure – or less – you should be able to resume all normal activities.
Advantages of Tenex Health TX™ Over Other Surgical Solutions
- Quick pain relief
- Minimally-invasive, outpatient procedure that takes only 20 minutes
- Ultrasonic energy targets damaged tissue so healthy tissues are untouched
- Surgery requires only local anesthetic vs. general anesthesia
- Tiny incision needs only a small adhesive bandage – no stitches
- Faster recovery because of tiny incision point
Learn more about Tenex Health TX™ by reading our blogs Innovative Treatment To Relieve Tendinitis and Heel Pain and Tenex Health TX™ Treatments Succeed Where Others Fail.
Tenex Health TX™: A Real Solution to Heel and Tendon Pain
Dr. Eric Ricefield, Dr. Mark Yagodich and Dr. Aliza V. Eisen, board certified and qualified podiatrists at Your Next Step have extensive experience in using this procedure to achieve long-lasting pain relief. Please call us for an evaluation. You’ll find contact information at the website for our Ardmore, Paoli and Downingtown offices. We’d love to assess your individual situation and discuss how Tenex Health TX™ can really help eliminate your pain!